DEADLIFT FOR DOGS EVENT
This is so much more than just a deadlift competition, this event has been created for our community to get around a charity that is incredibly important to Nexus founders Mikki + Will.
Being proud owners of 2 animal shelter doggos, and Mikki being a long term volunteer of the Animal Welfare League we wanted to give back to an organisation that is very dear to our hearts.
We aim to have more support from local businesses in the lead up to this event which we will be excited to share with you. More than just a deadlift comp with other opportunities following for people to participate in the day!
- The Deadlift competition itself will start at 10am on Saturday 20th August.
- All lifters must be at Nexus Gym by 9am for briefing and competition rundown.
- You will be emailed 7 days before to submit your opening attempt which can be changed on the day if you wish.
- As this is a novice event so no federation affiliation needed.
- Straps are welcomed, chalk, baby powder whatever needed to load the bar.
- We will be using a Texas Deadlift Bar and Goliath calibrated plates.
- We will have weigh ins available from 8:30am for those who would like to battle it out for our custom made trophies.
- Best Male + Female awarded on dots formula. But otherwise no weight classes apply.
- We will have judges so there will no hitching, lapping, dumped bars or poor lock outs.
Nexus will donate $1 per kg lifted from the biggest male and female deadlift to the Animal Welfare League Queensland, and there will also be prizes available for those who register plus a welcome pack with a specialty design tee and other goodies inside from our sponsors.
Plus other fun activities and opportunities for spectators to participate in, from raffles to a push up for reps comp.
Anyone and everyone is welcome - if you'd like to volunteer to help spot, load please reach out on our socials @nexusperformance.gym
Enter your email below and stay up to date with what we will have going on for the day.